USHJA Meeting

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
Lewis014

USHJA Meeting

Post by Lewis014 »

Does anyone know anything about this incident reported at the USHJA meeting?

She started Tuesday’s session in Concord, N.C., by “throwing a bomb into the room,” as she put it, recounting the awful story she heard about a horse who collapsed in the stable area of an indoor show. Onlookers said people were beating and kicking the horse, throwing water on him in an effort to get him up. Mary said he had suffered an “adverse reaction to some drug” that was given to make him quiet.
“People saw this and they didn’t report it,” she said about the incident.
mike hunt

Re: USHJA Meeting

Post by mike hunt »

lol oh mary tryna stay relevant somehow or some way. one would think usef would have handled this had it happened don’t ya think ?? she and her bestie andrew should simply continue to run horse shows or whatever it is they do. seem to remem not too long ago her attempts to stir shit didn’t end well for her. time to retire. now our gracefully while ya can.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

lol obviously meant “bow out gracefully while ya can”
Stace

Post by Stace »

Lewis014 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:24 pm “People saw this and they didn’t report it,” she said about the incident.
Well, if she knows about it, then obviously someone reported it somewhere!!!

Also, isn't McCormick the guy who proposed and got voted in, the exorbitant ($750 ?) nomination fee for International Derby qualifying? Yet the discussion about affordability and inclusion continues.....ridiculous.
Callie

Post by Callie »

Don't trust Britt at all. Really hate that he's the incoming President of USHJA.
Shownightmare

Post by Shownightmare »

mike hunt wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:02 am lol oh mary tryna stay relevant somehow or some way. one would think usef would have handled this had it happened don’t ya think ?? she and her bestie andrew should simply continue to run horse shows or whatever it is they do. seem to remem not too long ago her attempts to stir shit didn’t end well for her. time to retire. now our gracefully while ya can.
Sounds like something a guilty party would say.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

ohhhhh yeh u got me babe. i pumped my horse full of mag to the point where he just wanted to lie down. my trainer said that’s when they perform their best and to get him to the ring but he didn’t agree. lol really ?? putting aside pretty much all of this had something like this happened the usef would have been involved along with the stewards wouldn’t ya think ??
Durmstrang

Post by Durmstrang »

I think that was her point. That she was told it happened but that whoever saw it didn’t say anything to anyone. Likely an early morning thing so the stewards weren’t there yet and either no one was around to see or no one was willing to tell. Then time goes on and someone tells someone and eventually it gets to Mary, who wants us to do something (as we should) when these things happen instead of ignoring them.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

i spose that’s all a possibility and believe me i find this sort of thing far from funny. i have seen two drop at horse shows, one being during WEF. i figure these days with everyone having a camera on their phone that someone inevitably will film it and i find it hard to believe that the majority of these places (especially during shows) aren’t cammed up.