Eric Lamaze

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
Canadian_Journalist

Re: Eric Lamaze

Post by Canadian_Journalist »

horse1234567890 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:43 pm This freaking saga didn't surprise me when the news first broke last year. He is a scumbag druggie who is an amazing con artist and I was even a victim myself.

I worked for Eric for five months in Europe a couple of years back when the rumors started about Artisan closing its doors. I was offered a position to work for him for the summer. They promised a decent salary and said they "applied for a short-term work permit" since I told them I wanted to save some money and get a Daft visa to start a business with a Dutch friend instead of going to WEF or returning anywhere else in the US.

It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life, and I grew up in a physically/emotionally abusive household with a dysfunctional family. So I'm pretty thick-skinned compared to most. But thinking back, he honestly gave me "Evan Coluccio" vibes but a more successful version with a Quebecois accent. We were all starstruck working for him, so many took the abuse and let things happen. He was so rude to everyone and acted so creepy. I was done with him one month in and stayed longer than I should've.

I remember the first day I arrived. They put me on a long flight from the US to Belgium with a 4-hour layover in Ireland from midnight to 4 am. I was super jet lagged and felt horrendous, but I was powering through cause I knew the horses had also flown over the same day. I thought we'd just be setting them up in the quarantine barn. Nope, his manager comes strolling in and tells me I must tack up 8 horses for him to school. All the horses looked exhausted and wired since it was around the end of WEF. He gets on the first one and walks about 2 minutes before starting to jump a 1.30m course as a warm-up. I was immediately like, "fuck this dude", but I was working for someone who would be great on a resume, and I already had experience with shitty people in the industry, so I just went along with it.

It only got worse. He was flakey as fuck (he would regularly say he was coming out to ride but wouldn't show up, so horses would be tacked up for hours for him). His French girl rider would chain smoke while riding, and horses regularly came in with singed manes or little burn marks on the neck. His crazy barn manager was so into him (though he and Tiffany were "dating") I swear she would've sucked a fart out of his butt. She was just as rude; she was French, so par for the course, but she acted like the multi-medal Olympian (though I don't think she even knew how to ride). He, Yann (when he would randomly show up), and Tiffany would regularly poll their horses. We weren't allowed to record any rides (except sales video) since they used certain techniques that were on the same level as Helgstrand.

Most of the staff treated me like I didn't exist, which was perfectly fine with me, but I remember getting cornered by Eric at one point. I ignored the behavior cause I was so indoctrinated into that world that I knew if I were a squeaky wheel, I would've been black-listed. The last week, I worked for him, and I asked his manager for a copy of my work permit since I had started working with a lawyer to start the daft visa process. It turned out they violated our legally binding contract and never even applied for a visa. I was young/naive, so I had no idea how often Eric and his minions broke contracts/scammed people. I was so pissed, and I said it wasn't going to work. Instead of being diplomatic since they broke their end of the contract, they just dropped me off at the train station, and I had to get back to the US on my own. My then-boyfriend lived in the Netherlands, so I just went there and spent the last few days in the Netherlands. The lawyer I had been working with told me due to their failure to get me a proper visa, I would have to wait a year plus to even apply for a visa since I was basically an illegal. I had been in that industry for my whole life, competing as a JR and then wanting to make it, but that was the real wake-up call I needed. The sport was filled with vile waste of spaces like Eric and I didn't need to abuse myself anymore. So I left the industry. Best decision I ever made.
horse1234567890, I'm a journalist in Canada who's working on a story about Eric Lamaze. If you're willing to speak with me about your experience, please get in touch: rh3russell@gmail.com

Thanks,
Rhiannon Russell
feathers

Post by feathers »

horse1234567890 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:43 pm This freaking saga didn't surprise me when the news first broke last year. He is a scumbag druggie who is an amazing con artist and I was even a victim myself.

I worked for Eric for five months in Europe a couple of years back when the rumors started about Artisan closing its doors. I was offered a position to work for him for the summer. They promised a decent salary and said they "applied for a short-term work permit" since I told them I wanted to save some money and get a Daft visa to start a business with a Dutch friend instead of going to WEF or returning anywhere else in the US.

It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life, and I grew up in a physically/emotionally abusive household with a dysfunctional family. So I'm pretty thick-skinned compared to most. But thinking back, he honestly gave me "Evan Coluccio" vibes but a more successful version with a Quebecois accent. We were all starstruck working for him, so many took the abuse and let things happen. He was so rude to everyone and acted so creepy. I was done with him one month in and stayed longer than I should've.

I remember the first day I arrived. They put me on a long flight from the US to Belgium with a 4-hour layover in Ireland from midnight to 4 am. I was super jet lagged and felt horrendous, but I was powering through cause I knew the horses had also flown over the same day. I thought we'd just be setting them up in the quarantine barn. Nope, his manager comes strolling in and tells me I must tack up 8 horses for him to school. All the horses looked exhausted and wired since it was around the end of WEF. He gets on the first one and walks about 2 minutes before starting to jump a 1.30m course as a warm-up. I was immediately like, "fuck this dude", but I was working for someone who would be great on a resume, and I already had experience with shitty people in the industry, so I just went along with it.

It only got worse. He was flakey as fuck (he would regularly say he was coming out to ride but wouldn't show up, so horses would be tacked up for hours for him). His French girl rider would chain smoke while riding, and horses regularly came in with singed manes or little burn marks on the neck. His crazy barn manager was so into him (though he and Tiffany were "dating") I swear she would've sucked a fart out of his butt. She was just as rude; she was French, so par for the course, but she acted like the multi-medal Olympian (though I don't think she even knew how to ride). He, Yann (when he would randomly show up), and Tiffany would regularly poll their horses. We weren't allowed to record any rides (except sales video) since they used certain techniques that were on the same level as Helgstrand.

Most of the staff treated me like I didn't exist, which was perfectly fine with me, but I remember getting cornered by Eric at one point. I ignored the behavior cause I was so indoctrinated into that world that I knew if I were a squeaky wheel, I would've been black-listed. The last week, I worked for him, and I asked his manager for a copy of my work permit since I had started working with a lawyer to start the daft visa process. It turned out they violated our legally binding contract and never even applied for a visa. I was young/naive, so I had no idea how often Eric and his minions broke contracts/scammed people. I was so pissed, and I said it wasn't going to work. Instead of being diplomatic since they broke their end of the contract, they just dropped me off at the train station, and I had to get back to the US on my own. My then-boyfriend lived in the Netherlands, so I just went there and spent the last few days in the Netherlands. The lawyer I had been working with told me due to their failure to get me a proper visa, I would have to wait a year plus to even apply for a visa since I was basically an illegal. I had been in that industry for my whole life, competing as a JR and then wanting to make it, but that was the real wake-up call I needed. The sport was filled with vile waste of spaces like Eric and I didn't need to abuse myself anymore. So I left the industry. Best decision I ever made.
That’s just gross and I’m sorry you had to experience that. What a fucking scumbag. I hope he gets nailed to the wall.
Daisyduke

Post by Daisyduke »

I’m curious to know if Eric had anything to do with the Beth Underhill sudden split before the Paris Olympics… Did he out her on her involvement with stealing millions from them? He seems the type that would not rest until he takes down everyone that he brought in and abandoned him when things got bad…
huntgurl

Post by huntgurl »

they already knew...Eric is finished, tanked up on Coke if he didn't have brain cancer then, with all the coke is inhaling now, he does for sure....what a shit show