Karl Cook’s Nations Cup DYI Striped Helmet

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
Sosweet

Re: Karl Cook’s Nations Cup DYI Striped Helmet

Post by Sosweet »

huntgurl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:30 am On another note, it appears that the USA has yet to secure a Paris ticket, largely attributed to your efforts. Here's to hoping for the best.
How so?

Has something changed since the USA qualified at the PanAm games last fall?
huntgurl

Post by huntgurl »

Sosweet wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:10 pm
huntgurl wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:30 am On another note, it appears that the USA has yet to secure a Paris ticket, largely attributed to your efforts. Here's to hoping for the best.
How so?

Has something changed since the USA qualified at the PanAm games last fall?
Sorry, I meant Barcelona Finals...
NopeNopeNope

Post by NopeNopeNope »

Fabbin130

Post by Fabbin130 »

Ugh. It makes sense since he is the 4th highest ranked US rider in the Longines rankings (30th). However, he is so obnoxious and the thought of him getting the satisfaction of going on the team, considering his terrible riding, ungrateful behavior, lack of respect for his horses, and overall attitude is really infuriating and unfortunate for the sport. Lily is in top form with Agana and she is my choice as the 4th for now! Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Also - was anyone else surprised that Callie and Garant were on the short list? Katie D was also never on my radar
Sosweet

Post by Sosweet »

Speaking strictly as a practical matter, I don’t know how seriously to take anyone who is short listed with just one horse, since they’re only one abscess or stone bruise or whatever away from leaving a big gap on the team. Because… horses.
Mystara

Post by Mystara »

Sosweet wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:17 pm Speaking strictly as a practical matter, I don’t know how seriously to take anyone who is short listed with just one horse, since they’re only one abscess or stone bruise or whatever away from leaving a big gap on the team. Because… horses.
Sad, but true.

And that's why I think Aaron's out, which is a shame, because that chestnut is pretty amazing!
Hunterdiva

Post by Hunterdiva »

The short list is a total joke. Karl Cook has made an ass of himself over and over in team competition. No way he should be on a team. Jessica Springsteen’s horse hasn’t jumped all season. Is he really going to the Olympics in 100 days? I sure hope so. I wouldn’t count Aaron Vale out just yet. Lillie Keenan is a safe choice. Callie Scott and Katie Dinan are just random. Why not Adrienne Sternlicht? Robert Ridland is getting senile and needs to retire.