Archie Cox and EHV

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
Dickens222

Archie Cox and EHV

Post by Dickens222 »

I told myself I’d never post here but alas. I saw this was released on Facebook this morning and each mention of Archie Cox has since been deleted. What’s the scoop?

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article/we ... eak-story/
KB
mike hunt

Re: Archie Cox and EHV

Post by mike hunt »

article is so strangely written and so all over the map i stopped reading after the third sentence.
RodrigoTennisRacket

Post by RodrigoTennisRacket »

I followed it quite well. Tragic story and I would be interested to know Archie’s role. He has good lawyers evidently.
Whyamihere

Post by Whyamihere »

Quite simple to find out his role. He and several other less remarkable people took horses from the horse park to LAEC and another show when they should not have done so. This resulting in another horse death, soon leading into a state wide panic, large area shut down, many shows cancelled, many horses sick, dead, should I continue? He has had another incident with USEF where a horse of his tested positive, of course he fought it. USEF won’t touch him because of who he is. It’s not that he gets off Scott fee, but you won’t ever see this man getting a satisfactory punishment for his vile behavior. These are things done in the open, now imagine what goes on behind closed doors. Or ask around, plenty will be happy to tell you. I’ve attached several screen shots as proof for those concerned with actuality. This shows the same horses, and same trainer Archibald Cox at the DIHP and then LAEC. This can be discussed and should be discussed more openly. This is public record and public knowledge, many are just quiet due to fear.
Attachments
IMG_9774.jpeg
IMG_9774.jpeg (198.3 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
IMG_9775.jpeg
IMG_9775.jpeg (195.29 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
IMG_9776.jpeg
IMG_9776.jpeg (198.95 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
Whyamihere

Post by Whyamihere »

RodrigoTennisRacket wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:26 pm I followed it quite well. Tragic story and I would be interested to know Archie’s role. He has good lawyers evidently.
You have to have good lawyers when you regularly act in such a vile manner. He’s sick.
huntgurl

Post by huntgurl »

Douchebag, this is is just heartbreaking...
Stace

Post by Stace »

1. Wow. How disappointing. I had heard that West Palms caught Archie, denied entry and kicked them off the show grounds back then. I guess not.

2. The same situation happened in Sacramento, the same week, with another trainer, Sami Milo. She knew her horse had been exposed at DIHP, came to the Sacramento show anyway. Show management EVENTUALLY--at the insistence of other competitors--asked her to leave. She asked for her horse to be tested, swearing the horse was healthy and.....NOPE. POSITIVE FOR EHV. That got 2 weeks of shows cancelled, costing a lot of people, a lot of money!! Luckily no blood/death on her hands though.

3. Neither trainer suffered consequences of their vile and unsportsmanlike conduct. This is just another failure of USEF to govern, IMHO. They should have been fined and set down. Wouldn't this action by the trainers be a sort of bullying? Perhaps a Safe Sport filing is in order.

Super disgusting, because of their behaviour. One can search "EHV" on FB and find many instances of EHV breakouts, but shouldn't the industry hold it's trainers to a higher standard?? Their actions are despicable.
newcomer

Post by newcomer »

The show stewards should have done something??? At the very least, file a report with USEF.
john galt

Post by john galt »

He should be sued for damages
horselover

Post by horselover »

Whose horse died?