Hardin the whore. Safesport savior. Biggest violator

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
Mystara

Re: Hardin the whore. Safesport savior. Biggest violator

Post by Mystara »

railbird wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:06 am I don’t know her from a hot rock but her post about sitting down someone’s 11 year old to tell them they need to lose weight and give them a list of good foods and bad foods actually caused steam to pour out of my ears. If someone said that to my theoretical kid without my knowledge or input I’d probably have the pony sleeping in my yard that night while I figured out what to do. Maybe I missed the part of safe sport training that said having that conversation with someone’s child without the parent present was acceptable.
Maybe the issue would be on your end then. Dunno where you've been for the last 4 decades or so, but coaches giving nutritional advice is actually quite common in high-level athletics. It's not exactly controversial.
wellybtch

Post by wellybtch »

Her latest Facebook posts over Firestone S are pure insanity. It looks like the owners are trying to find a good step down job for the horse but she decides to put them on blast for no good reason? I even saw her attacking potential buyers in the comments of the sales ad. Such trashy behavior :roll:
Mystara

Post by Mystara »

So today, she's apparently declared war on Kathy Hobstetter and Susie Hutchison. Stemming from the fact that she found an ad for her former GP horse (Firestone S) being sold as a stepdown 1.10m horse at age 17.

I can understand the issues on both ends, it's tough to see a horse that's special to you, get the last bit of use wrung out of him. But that's sorta the way of the industry, and she should be well used to it now. I mean, it's not like the horse was Gem Twist or anything: it could and would jump the 1.60m, but it was never the winner at that level. It wasn't going to get on a team, or go to World Cup. It was just a solid 1.50 horse that won some local accolades. But she absolutely FREAKED OUT upon seeing it being sold as a schoolmaster, and is putting everyone involved on blast. Sorta wild to see.
voyeur

Post by voyeur »

I saw the horse jump a few months ago in the 1.30m I think and it looked sound and happy. At 17, he could definitely step down but its not like he is being abused? And her accusation of them "poking needles" in him as if routine injections are a negative for an older horse that has wear and tear.... She just continues to show how unhinged she is :shock:
Sports10lbs

Post by Sports10lbs »

Thank you for sharing a update on him and how sound he looked.
platinum tiara

Post by platinum tiara »

Geesh. That rant on Firestone. The horse must be a saint carrying her crazy ass over big jumps. That woman is truly unhinged. Many horses work past 17 years old and enjoy doing some form of exercise and work. The ad seemed kind Everyone knows the owner of Firestone would never let Hardin have that horse. Too much bad blood there.

Helen here…..everyone knows Hardin is a loose loose cannon.
railbird

Post by railbird »

Mystara wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 pm So today, she's apparently declared war on Kathy Hobstetter and Susie Hutchison. Stemming from the fact that she found an ad for her former GP horse (Firestone S) being sold as a stepdown 1.10m horse at age 17.

I can understand the issues on both ends, it's tough to see a horse that's special to you, get the last bit of use wrung out of him. But that's sorta the way of the industry, and she should be well used to it now. I mean, it's not like the horse was Gem Twist or anything: it could and would jump the 1.60m, but it was never the winner at that level. It wasn't going to get on a team, or go to World Cup. It was just a solid 1.50 horse that won some local accolades. But she absolutely FREAKED OUT upon seeing it being sold as a schoolmaster, and is putting everyone involved on blast. Sorta wild to see.
Glad the public freakout chased off any rich amateurs or parents of juniors looking for a schoolmaster and instead landed him a job as a lesson horse. I'm sure that was the best outcome for the horse.
Sports10lbs

Post by Sports10lbs »

All we can do is wait and see. Happy New Year everyone…
Sports10lbs

Post by Sports10lbs »

All we can do is wait and see. Happy New Year everyone…
ScoutsHonor

Post by ScoutsHonor »

It’s such a great turn of events; Firestone now belongs to Kristen’s trusted friend, and will eventually retire to spend his days with his buddy Bert at Kristins ranch. Regardless of anyone’s thoughts about her, all horses deserve to be loved and appreciated and I’m so relieved to know Firestone has landed safely.