Major League Show Jumping

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
leavelong

Major League Show Jumping

Post by leavelong »

First of all, Welcome Back, Diva! Being left to browse Crotch during the time off was very sad. Very.

Let's dish on the mess that was Major League Show Jumping. Very cool concept to try to do our own thing over here that looks like the GCL Teams. However, executed like a joke. Numbers on the jackets? The stupid games to draw for position? Random locations? Seemed like anyone worth a damn used it every now and again to get lesser horses some more bigger ring experience when they weren't at real shows.

Thoughts? Will it be back for Year 2? Did you even pay attention? More importantly, who has tea? There's enough of you from the west coast that one of you know something.
Bobby2

Re: Major League Show Jumping

Post by Bobby2 »

I wonder what Andy Kocher is thinking since his ex employer won the final.
Mystara

Post by Mystara »

leavelong wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:42 pmSeemed like anyone worth a damn used it every now and again to get lesser horses some more bigger ring experience when they weren't at real shows.
Even if so, I wouldn't call that a bad thing. Been forever since the West Coast had multiple 1.55/1.60 classes in the same show series; even the main winter/Desert Circuit at Thermal hasn't featured that in years. Good for the sport.
voyeur

Post by voyeur »

Other than the tacky numbers and ridiculous parties, it didn't seem to be executed poorly...

People who went and attended seemed to like the events and its great to see some real classes out on the west coast. I'm mostly just put off that the Eye Candy team with the ridiculous mascot and social media shenanigans won the whole thing :roll:
Mystara

Post by Mystara »

voyeur wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:18 amI'm mostly just put off that the Eye Candy team with the ridiculous mascot and social media shenanigans won the whole thing
Everyone knows the antics of the ridiculous Eye Candy owner, but in all honesty, the riders for that team deserved it. That Emma Marlowe girl catch-rode her way up from absolutely nothing, to riding at this level; I always have respect for that. Pretty much the same for O'Shea if I'm not mistaken. They worked for it, so it's cool to see them get it.
voyeur

Post by voyeur »

Mystara wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:32 pm Everyone knows the antics of the ridiculous Eye Candy owner, but in all honesty, the riders for that team deserved it.
Totally agree with that! Just hate the tacky Eye Candy owner. Emma is wonderful and definitely deserves it, and the whole team consistently rode great